Bible References

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
dmdcissp

Bible References

Post by dmdcissp »

There must be something I am overlooking or just not seeing.

If I enter a bible reference in the User Notes window such as Gen 1:1 everything is fine. However if I enter something like Exo 1 it does not work. How can I reference a range of chapters like Exo 7-14 and have it work? I have read through the help file and if I follow their examples for referencing full chapters it does not work for me.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Dave D

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Bible References

Post by Tim »

The entry box in the Notes Toolbar is only for searching existing notes. Entering a note there will not place a note for that verse or chapter. The way to do it for a whole chapter is to either enter a chapter in the Quick Entry box like "Genesis 1:" (You must enter the colon (:) after the chapter number) or select a chapter from the Bible tree. When this is done no verse will be highlighted in the Bible panel and it will say "Genesis 1:" in the Notes Title bar. Then you can enter your notes for that chapter and a reference will be entered in the Notes ref. drop-down list.

The same can be done for a whole Bible book. Just select a book from the Bible Tree.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

dmdcissp

Re: Bible References

Post by dmdcissp »

Thanks Tim, I appreciate it.