Copying Selected Bible Text to Scripture Pad

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
AllyBB

Copying Selected Bible Text to Scripture Pad

Post by AllyBB »

I think as a newish user I may be missing something!

I'm on Windows 10 with BA 5.6.1.02
I highlight Bible text in the main window and press Insert - but the whole selected text is not copied to the Scripture Pad window.
In fact what is copied seems to be not connected at all to the selection. And once copied the only thing that can be inserted is that first copied section.
I feel I'm doing something wrong?

ta

Ally

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Copying Selected Bible Text to Scripture Pad

Post by Tim »

The Insert copy method should copy the entire verse range of any selected text. Say you select some text from somewhere inside John 1:1 and stop somewhere inside verse 1:5 and then press the insert key. It should copy the entire vs 1 to the entire vs 10 into ScripturePad. It does not copy only the selected text.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

AllyBB

Post by AllyBB »

Thanks Tim,

I fired up BA - clicked to create a new Scripture Pad document. Turned up Psalm 24 and dragged the mouse across the whole Psalm to select all 10 verses, then I press Insert on the keyboard.
I get an error message:

Quick Export Must Have Selection
The Insert key activates the Quick Bible Export.....

I've added a screen shot.

ta

Ally
Scripture_Pad_Insert.PNG
Scripture_Pad_Insert.PNG (110.32 KiB) Viewed 78 times

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Try selecting within the text, like this,
insert.png
insert.png (128.52 KiB) Viewed 75 times
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

AllyBB

Post by AllyBB »

Thanks Tim,

That works. And strangely now selecting the whole passage also works. Even more strangely, if I start BA, open a new Scripture pad and select Psalm 24 from after the full stop and the end of the first sentence. I get the error message, but if I choose a point within the first sentence 'A Psalm of David.' - then it will insert and having done that it if I open a fresh Scripture Pad then I can select the whole text and it works. LIfe's rich tapestry I suppose.

Many thanks for responding so quickly.

ta

Ally