Installing version 5.5 will overwrite a previous v5.? installation.
Only the application files will be updated. The module and user
files will be uneffected. Version 5.5 will by default install the
application files in, C:\Program
Files\Bible Analyzer 5
Bible Analyzer 5 Change History
5.5.1 — Feature
New Stacked Interlinear 5
- View interlinear data in a stacked form
- Toggle on/off individual data lines in Options
- Popup when cursor is over marked data when Shift key is down
- Display can be shown regardless of Bible tab selected
- (Strong's Data modules must be available to use)
Updated ScripturePad & Notes Editors
- Editors are based upon html using a different toolkit
- Editors can open and convert xml files from previous
Bible Analyzer versions
- Files will be saved in html format and can be opened in any
html editor or browser.
Export Data to CSV File
- Data generated using the AV/Strong Indexer can be exported to
a CSV file that can be opened in any spreadsheet program
- Options are available to select which data to export and which
columns to create
- Normal search results can also be exported to CSV through the
Advanced Concept Filter tool Export function.
- CSV data can be sorted, filtered, and otherwise modified in a
spreadsheet program such as Excel or Libre Office
- CSV data can also be exported from "Word List of Range"
under Bible Word Lists
Custom Web Links
- Bible Analyzer specific URLs can be used as links in html web
pages to perform certain actions.
- URLs are available to display verses, do searches (with
wildcards), display verse lists, display commentary comments,
dictionary entries, and book chapters.
- A demo page is available at www.bibleanalyzer.com/links-demo.html
Other Improvements & Fixes
- Bible Analyzer is generally more responsive
- Pages with a lot of content should scroll more smoothly
- Various minor fixes and visual changes..
5.4.1 — Feature
Syncing of Settings
Bible Audio Enhancement
- Certain Bible Analyzer settings can be synced across devices
using "cloud" based systems such as Dropbox, Google Drive,
Onedrive and others.
- Users with multiple installations, regardless of platform, can
sync many of their settings such as Current Verse, Current Word,
last viewed dictionary and commentary, last opened book, etc. In
essence, the state Bible Analyzer is closed in with one
installation it will be replicated in another. This even works
across multiple portable installations on the same system.
Built Upon New Base
- Added two more audio groups indexed for precise verse timing
to the Verse Timing add-on. One by Paul Mims and another by
- Version 5.4 is based upon an updated toolkit code base that
should make the application more responsive and efficient. It
also allows for future enhancements.
- The Verse History List in the Bible Toolbar is now saved and
restored with next the run. It is also synced to the cloud when
that option is selected. The list now holds up to 25 references.
- Exporting verses to ScripturePad has been made more efficient.
- Linking references in ScripturePad has been streamlined to
better deal with formatting.
- An edition of the AV is no longer required in the Parallel
View list under the Parallel Tab.
- Many other bug fixes and minor enhancements.
5.3.1 — Feature
- Now have eight KJB Audio recordings indexed for verses.
- This allows precise verse playing and highlighting.
- Individual verses or verse spans can be played on any
reference in any panel by right-click.
- Verse lists and search results can be exported to MultiWindow
- Playing can be stopped and started with any verse in MW.
- In MW verses can be played in full exported page or exported
verse list. Highlighting and scrolling follows playing verse.
- When a recording for a verse or chapter does not exist TTS is
- Multiple recordings can be indexed and easily switched or
- Speech Icon in main toolbar only activates TTS/Audio in Bible
- Dictionary, Commentary, and Book Panels have a new dedicated
TTS icon in each toolbar to read text.
- Dedicated TTS will read the whole text from the beginning or a
- ScripturePad now has a right-click context menu to match the
- Verse lists can be sent to the MultiWindow from linked
references in page (right-click).
- Can now export ScripturePad/Notes page to the MultiWindow.
- Added "Extract Refs. In Clipboard to ScripturePad" under the
File Menu. This will attempt to extract Bible references from
any clipboard data (txt, html, PDF, etc.) and paste them into
- Added Online Bible Tree Link Generator in Control Menu to
generate a Bible Tree at PreservedWords.com.
- Added a left mouse double-click option instead of single click
for changing Current Verse and Current Word.
- Holding the Shift Key down while clicking a reference or word
will keep the tab from changing to the default commentary or
- Various bug fixes.
Version 5.2.1 — Feature
Strong's & WordStudy Features
- New QuickView Panel which is an alternative place to view
popup data. It is toggled with the Q button in the main toolbar.
The panel can be moved about anywhere or floated as a separate
- The Dct and Cmt tabs that contain the current topic now have a
yellow highlight rather than book icons.
- Can move tabs around in Bible, Dict, and Cmt panels. Just
click and drag the tab. BA will try to remember the order even
when changes are made in the Session Manager.
- Bible, Dict, and Cmt tabs can be renamed on right-click.
Internally BA uses the original name to preserve links and such.
- The scroll position will be saved under Dct and Cmt tabs when
switching tabs. The scroll position of the current Dct, Cmt, and
Book tab will be saved between starts.
- New item on right-click to "Export current verse from all
Bibles to MultiWindow". This also allows mutual word marking as
in the Bible Panel with Alt down.
- New Wordform chart in search results when more than one word
is searched for or if wildcards are used.
- The "D" Button in Dct and Cmt toolbars will now set the
current title as default. This is the same as setting in
- New option in Preferences to put all search results under the
same tab instead of making a new tab for each.
- New option in Prefs/Font Properties to change the search hit
- A new dropdown menu with the Strong's Button. It allows
selection of alternate words in place of the numbers and also
non-visible linked words with the last item. This requires the
strongWds.dat file which is included.
- Word marking by highlight is possible in the Bible panel with
the Alt key down. For non Strong Bibles the marking is word
based and green. For Strong Bibles marking is Strong based and
blue. This works in Dual View and Parallel View as well.
- Added a Morphology button (M) in the Bible Toolbar. This only
works with texts that have the morphology info formatted
correctly (TRi at present, Hebrew coming).
- With new the Word Study Dictionary (WSD) as default, one can
simply click a Greek word or morphology code and view the data
in the dictionary. With the Ctrl key down and hovering over a
word or code the data will display in a popup or QuickView
Version 5.1.1 — Feature
- Updated display and function of Devotion Viewer Window
- Added Daily Bible Reading tab with Bible text display
- Devotions are now under their own tab
Web Page Links
- Multiple User Note files can be made and easily loaded from a
Paste References From Clipboard
- This feature allows web page authors to create links in their
pages that will cause Bible Analyzer to open and navigate or
search according to the data in the custom link.
Paste References From Clipboard With Verse Text
- Will scan the current clipboard data for verse references and
display any found as live links in the MultiWindow.
Paste Clipboard Text With Linked References
- Same as Paste References above but also includes the verse
text of reference in the MultiWindow. For references that have
verse spans, only the initial verse will be listed.
- Pastes the entire clipboard text with the Bible references as
- Fixed issue saving Concept Filter terms with user not
- Fixed image printing issue
- Fixed search results display with more than 500 hits
- Fixed other issues.
Version 5.0.1 — Feature
Bible Text Markup
Advanced Concept Filtering
- Bible text in the Bible Window can be marked up with
highlighting using six different colors. Markup can be nested;
colors can be within other colors.
- Only Bible words can be highlighted. Not headings, footnotes
or other text. Whole words will be marked even if a partial word
is selected. Highlighting can span verses, but down-click and
up-click must be on a Bible word.
- User markup data can be saved or exported as static files or
for later importation. Saved markup data files can be imported.
All current user markup will be deleted on import.
- Both Static and User markup can be separately navigated
forward and backward from the View Menu or by shortcut keys. The
next marked verse will become the Current Verse.
- Markup in the AV Bible can be shared with other AV editions,
including the AVp and AVs for now. When the option in
Preferences is checked, markup from the AV will be used in the
AVp and AVs. When not checked the AVp and AVs will be marked
- Advanced Concept Filtering (ACF) is a powerful new utility for
filtering a verse list, such as search results and Bible text,
according to multiple terms assigned to a topic.
- Search Results can be exported to the list display and when
any topic in the topics list is checked the verse list is
filtered by the terms/words under each topic. One or more terms
must be in the verse for it to be displayed. Multiple topics can
be checked to further filter the list.
- The Topics List terms can be added to or edited with a
right-click. New topics with terms can be added.
- The Whole Bible, OT, or NT can be filtered when loaded with
the appropriate button.
- Words can be added to a Topic from the Right-Click Context
Menu. The Current Bible book or chapter can be loaded into the
ACF Utility as well.
- Filtered lists can be exported to the Multiwindow (with
formatting), a .txt file, a .pll file (for the Parallel
Generator), and .smd for Static Bible Markup.
- The Topic List for the Dictionaries and the Reference List for
the Commentaries have been replaced with a filtering drop-down
Suggestion Control in each toolbar.
- When characters are entered into the control entry the Topics
or Verses are filtered and results displayed in the list. When
the down button is clicked, the unfiltered contents of the list
are displayed, scrolled to the nearest entry in the control
- The ScripturePad menu has been moved from the Main Menu to a
down arrow in the first position of the ScripturePad Toolbar.
- The ScripturePad Toolbar has been modified with new icons and
addition of Indent and Bullet Buttons. The Copy and Print
Buttons have been removed to conserve space. These functions can
be quickly accessed from the ScripturePad Menu or by keyboard
- A quick export to ScripturePad has been added. Click anywhere
in a verse and drag a selection to anywhere in another verse and
release. Then click Export Verse Range to ScripturePad (or
Insert key) in the Control Menu, and it will export the complete
verses in the range. It is the same as from the right-click
- The Search Results have been reformatted with alternating
colors for each result line plus the reference is to the left of
the verse text. The Book Hit Chart has been slightly modified to
be more concise.
- A Toggle Button has been added to the Results Toolbar allowing
a snippet of each Search Results line to be displayed in usually
a single line. The snippet span will center on the first hit
word with a 5, 7, 10, and 14 word total span, depending on
window size. Unchecking the button will restore full verse
- Search Results Data can be exported to an Interactive Chart by
clicking the button on the Results Toolbar. The chart will show
a small rectangle for every chapter of the Bible and each
chapter with a search hit will be colored dark red. On mouseover
a popup will display all verses in the chapter with a hit.
Clicking the rectangle will display a new chart of the selected
book with each rectangle representing a verse.
- A Manage Button has been added to the MultiWindow to allow
management of the pages in the History. Pages can be checked to
be deleted or merged into a new page, or copied to the
- Search words or phrase can be marked by highlight in all MW
pages using the Find Button in the Manage Dialog.
- All MW pages in History can be saved to file and reloaded
using the Manage Dialog. Thus an entire Study session can be
saved and reloaded.
Preview Display in MultiWindow
- A Daily Journal Editor has been added to the Devotions Window.
It is linked to the current date and the date can be changed
with the popup calender. Basic markup buttons are available plus
Bible references can be linked as in ScripturePad.
- All journal entries can be exported to a RTF file for viewing
in other editors.
- A Preview Button has been placed on the Dct and Cmt Toolbars.
Clicking it will display the titles of all texts which have the
Topic or Verse in the MultiWindow. When the cursor is over a
title a preview will popup showing the first lines of the entry.
A click will open the entry in the corresponding Dct or Cmt
- An option has been added to Preferences/Options II to have the
MultiWindow display Preview Data with every change of the
Current Word or Current Ref. Clicking the Preview Button will
not be necessary.
- This will allow the Bible (or other window) to be maximized
within the Bible Analyzer frame and still have access to Dct/Cmt
data via the MultiWindow.
- The "Show Dct/Cmt in MultiWindow" option has been removed. Dct
and Cmt pages can be exported to the MultiWindow for essentially
the same effect. All pages exported to the MultiWindow are saved
in a history and can be recalled.
- User Notes can now be searched from a button in the Notes
- Library Search in the Master Control will now allow custom
title selections for searching. When the Select Titles button is
clicked a dialog will display where the desired titles can be
checked. By default the current title under each group will be
- The Dictionary and Commentary Toolbars now have a Search
Button which will open the Library Search tab in Master Control
and select the current title for searching.
- The right-click context menu will now display in the editors,
including the Journal, ScripturePad, and User Notes.
- The Parallel Generator now can display Heading Text along with
the compiled Bible data. This is done by adding text between
<hd> tags in the .pll file.
- The User Notes can now be synced to a different verse from the
Current Verse. Now notes can be entered under the desired verse
even if the current or active verse is being changed (by
clicking references, etc.) The Current Notes Reference will be
listed in the Results Panel Caption area.
- The Jump Button (J) in the main Toolbar has been removed.
Nearly the same action can be performed by other methods. If the
user has a Bible, Dct. Cmt. or Results Panel maximized and
clicks on a word or verse, the corresponding Panel (a reference
to the Bible panel; a word to the Dct Panel) will be displayed.
If this action is not desired the Sync Button in the Dct or Cmt
toolbar must be toggled off then the maximized panel will not be
Bible Analyzer 4 Change History
Version 4.9.1 — Feature
- New integrated Download Manager for Premium modules.
It provides access to each title's entry at the Bible
Analyzer Store and syncing to each user's purchase
history. Titles can be downloaded from within Bible Analyzer
without the need for setup files for each platform.
- Enhanced the Text-To-Speech and Audio Bible playing and
scrolling in the Bible Window.
- Many other usability and streamlining enhancements throughout
Version 4.8.1 — Feature
- A new Bible Panel layout with preview links to
Previous/Next chapters, plus navigation with arrow keys.
- A new Paragraph View with multiple paragraph scheme
- Links to User Notes, w/Preview, next to verse in Bible
- An In-App downloader which will allow the user to
download and automatically install all the free modules. We have
also added several new free modules.
- A new and unique Bible searching method called Contextual
Search. This allows one to search for words within several
predifined contextual ranges, including chapters, several
paragraph schemes, and right down to within phrases.
- The Notes Editor is now more powerful and allows
the user to unsync from the current reference. It also has a Verse
List to allow selection of any note.
- An updated Image Viewer with a thumbnail preview
which will "smooth scroll" to a location on click. Plus mapped
"hotspots" in images can be linked to Bible references and other
- Added word frequency sorting with a hit count to the Quick
Entry Suggestion Box, made it easier to export notes, and
several more things to make Bible Analyzer easier
and more productive.
- Updated Authorized Version module with chapter
headings and in-line notes.
Version 4.7.2 — Feature
- Fixed issue with some Bible's causing a crash when tab was
- Can now export to ScripturePad and Clipboard from Bible as
- Parallel View will now allow searching words and selections on
- Parallel View will now update and scroll to current verse
similar to single Bibles
- The Show Strong's button position determines if
Strong's numbers are visible on text export or verse popups
- Replaced the Bible Back Button with a drop-down History
List that holds up to 15 previous references
- Plus a few other minor fixes and enhancements
Version 4.7.1 — Feature
- Popup Suggestion Box with with refs and words.
- Specific Individual Search in Advanced Search for the AVp
- Rebuilt Session Manager with filter and sorting.
- The Dual window is now in Bible panel.
- Can select texts in Parallel Mode.
- Resource hit list, with preview, in Dct/Cmt entries without
- Cursor and Ctrl-Down over a word will disply entry from
Default Dct. in popup.
- Ctrl-Down over a Tab will Preview
- Bible panel toolbar now has a Cycle Back button that will
cycle through the last seven verse refs.
- Default layout is changed to three windows, Bible on left,
Dct/Cmt stacked on bottom right, Results on top
- There are five pre-made layouts in the Layout menu (including
- Now, a Bible with Strong's can be searched with the numbers
hidden as well as shown.
- Inline footnotes in Bibles now have ref. links. Also, made
font larger for them.
- When resizing the font (Ctrl++) the three Ref panel windows
will resize also.
- Plus several more additions and enhamcements
Version 4.6.5 — Feature
- Added Theme Tab to Library Reference Panel dedicated to The
Dictionary of Bible Themes.
Version 4.6.1 — Feature
- Unique Library Reference Index
which will show Library title that contains the current verse.
Also with a quick preview by Popup Window.
- Ability to view comments by chapter
context as well as by verse, with auto scrolling to
- See a three verse preview when the
cursor is placed over Bible Tab when Ctrl key is
- See Preview in Dictionary and
Commentary Tabs when the cursor is over them with Ctrl
- New Virtual Multi-Row Tabs in
Bible Dictionary, and Commentary Panels
Version 4.5.1 — Feature
- Added Session Manager
- Changed Book Viewer appearence slightly
- A couple bug fixes
- Inline Footnotes Issue
- Modified Commentary Verse List and Dictionary Word List
- .idx files no longer created or needed for Commentaries and
Version 4.4.2 — Feature
- Modified to display AV-1611 edition Chapter Headings, Marginal
- Can display Apocrypha (AV-1611)
- Changed appearance of popups and windows slightly
- Minor fixes and enhancements
Version 4.3.1 — Feature
- Remodeled Book/Article Viewer with Links
- Text based "Word Clouds"
- Main Menu appearence change
- Other minor visual changes
- Can resize Master Control Panel
- Added another level of text size - four total.
- Added Zoom feature to Image Viewer
Version 4.2.1 — Feature
- Audio/TTS Bible Reading w/Scrolling and Highlighting
- Bible Footnote Popups
- Enhanced copy/Paste from ScripturePad/Notes & Bible Export
- Dedicated Sermon Folder and Browse Audio Files Ability
- Better Library Searching
- Minor Bugs Fixed
- Right-click in books issue
- Save ScripturePad in RTF updated
- Hanging popup in Image Viewer
Version 4.1.0 — Feature
- AV-Index Utility
- Export User Notes
- Enhanced Strong's Searching
- Image Maps in Image Viewer Modules
- Minor Bugs Fixed
- Fixed ScripturePad Make Links issue
- Parallel Generator change Bible text issue
- Text-To-Speech when reading books issue
- Fixed printing/exporting of images in Image Viewer
- Can now print from Parallel Generator (Right-Click)
- Parallel Generator will now display all Bible texts
- Enhanced Greek text support
Version 4.0.2 - 4.0.4
- Image display issue in books
- Enhanced Strong's number searches
- Parallel Generator issue
Version 4.0.1 — Feature Release
- New Interface with an advanced window
manager. It allows floating, docking and stacking of
windows. The Positions are restored on next start. User
layouts can also be saved.
- A single Quick Entry acts as input for
both searches and reference lookup.
- The text from any Bible, Commentary,
Dictionary, Book, and Results Page can be exported to the
MultiWindow with a history.
- Multiple Bible Search option in Advanced
Search with text select.
- A Harmony/Parallel Text Generator. User
can make custom parallel tables on the fly by entering refs
and also view premade harmony/parallel modules
- The selection of the Bible, Dictionary, and
Commentary windows are saved on exit. The current
verse and dictionary topic are also saved.
- A Bookmarks Menu which holds ten verse
bookmarks with hot-keys. Shift+Entry will allow an existing BM
to be changed.
- The Parallel Bible Display is now the
last tab in the Bible Window. Its reappearances has also been
changed. In Parallel mode, on right click a search will search
the Bible of the text clicked.
- A compact button contol is on the
toolbar that contains six buttons. These allow quick and
convenient maneuvering between windows.
- The Jump button (J) toggles whether a
click on a expanded window will jump to the object of the
click. That is, a click on a word will display (jump) to the
definition in the current dictionary; a click on a reference
will display the current commentary, etc.
- The Bible, Dictionary, Commentary and
Results (B, D, C, R) buttons will expand/contract the
corresponding window. It will also cause the corresponding
window to display if it has been closed and dock it if
floating. A second click will expand the window.
- The Layout (L) button opens the
Layout menu allowing saving, deleting, and restoring saved
- The window under the cursor will scroll
with the mouse wheel even if it doesn't have the current focus
(one window must have focus).
- Master Control Panel is larger and has a
Pin Button to toggle the visibility of the tabs.
- The Commentary Panel has Book, Chapter, and
Verse Buttons to view the corresponding comments (if
any) of a reference.
- Verse Popup code has been completely
reworked. Can now display unicode (Greek, etc.) with more
- Reworked Export/Copy Settings in
Preferences with many more settings.
- Changed some of the main and window toolbar
icons. Window toolbar icons now have action on mouse
- Added context help button to bottom of
Master Control Panel, Preferences, and some other panels.
- Related Search now searches for multi-word
phrases as well. The results display is also updated.
Initial display will show only refs but includes "search
links" to search and display verses as normal search.
- Find "First Mention" of all words in a
verse added to right-click menu.
- An online update check is available
from the Help Menu. It will check for a newer version and
download the setup file to the desktop if desired.
- When a word is left-clicked it will be looked
up in the default dictionary. With Alt key down, the word will
be looked up in the current dictionary.
- Image modules have been updated to
SQLite databases like the other modules. On run Image Viewer
will convert modules if necessary (Will need to restart to see
- A new "Bible Analyzer User Modules"
folder is placed under the user's Documents folder for user
- Modules no longer need to be placed in their
corresponding folders (although that is preferred).
- Plus more.
Bible Analyzer 3