Installing version 5.4 will not overwrite a previous v4 installation. This allows multiple installations of Bible Analyzer to be installed which share the same modules and user files. Version 5.4 will by default install the application files in, C:\Program Files\Bible Analyzer 5
Bible Analyzer 5 Change History
Version 5.4.1 — Feature Release
Cloud/Remote Syncing of Settings
Bible Audio Enhancement
- Certain Bible Analyzer settings can be synced across devices using "cloud" based systems such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Onedrive and others.
- Users with multiple installations, regardless of platform, can sync many of their settings such as Current Verse, Current Word, last viewed dictionary and commentary, last opened book, etc. In essence, the state Bible Analyzer is closed in with one installation it will be replicated in another. This even works across multiple portable installations on the same system.
Built Upon New Base
- Added two more audio groups indexed for precise verse timing to the Verse Timing add-on. One by Paul Mims and another by Alexander Scourby.
- Version 5.4 is based upon an updated toolkit code base that should make the application more responsive and efficient. It also allows for future enhancements.
- The Verse History List in the Bible Toolbar is now saved and restored with next the run. It is also synced to the cloud when that option is selected. The list now holds up to 25 references.
- Exporting verses to ScripturePad has been made more efficient.
- Linking references in ScripturePad has been streamlined to better deal with formatting.
- An edition of the AV is no longer required in the Parallel View list under the Parallel Tab.
- Many other bug fixes and minor enhancements.
Version 5.3.1 — Feature Release
Bible Audio Enhancements
- Now have eight KJB Audio recordings indexed for verses.
- This allows precise verse playing and highlighting.
- Individual verses or verse spans can be played on any reference in any panel by right-click.
- Verse lists and search results can be exported to MultiWindow and played.
- Playing can be stopped and started with any verse in MW.
- In MW verses can be played in full exported page or exported verse list. Highlighting and scrolling follows playing verse.
- When a recording for a verse or chapter does not exist TTS is used.
- Multiple recordings can be indexed and easily switched or deleted.
- Speech Icon in main toolbar only activates TTS/Audio in Bible Panel
- Dictionary, Commentary, and Book Panels have a new dedicated TTS icon in each toolbar to read text.
- Dedicated TTS will read the whole text from the beginning or a selection.
- ScripturePad now has a right-click context menu to match the other panels.
- Verse lists can be sent to the MultiWindow from linked references in page (right-click).
- Can now export ScripturePad/Notes page to the MultiWindow.
- Added "Extract Refs. In Clipboard to ScripturePad" under the File Menu. This will attempt to extract Bible references from any clipboard data (txt, html, PDF, etc.) and paste them into ScripturePad.
- Added Online Bible Tree Link Generator in Control Menu to generate a Bible Tree at PreservedWords.com.
- Added a left mouse double-click option instead of single click for changing Current Verse and Current Word.
- Holding the Shift Key down while clicking a reference or word will keep the tab from changing to the default commentary or dictionary.
- Various bug fixes.
Version 5.2.1 — Feature Release
Strong's & WordStudy Features
- New QuickView Panel which is an alternative place to view popup data. It is toggled with the Q button in the main toolbar. The panel can be moved about anywhere or floated as a separate window.
- The Dct and Cmt tabs that contain the current topic now have a yellow highlight rather than book icons.
- Can move tabs around in Bible, Dict, and Cmt panels. Just click and drag the tab. BA will try to remember the order even when changes are made in the Session Manager.
- Bible, Dict, and Cmt tabs can be renamed on right-click. Internally BA uses the original name to preserve links and such.
- The scroll position will be saved under Dct and Cmt tabs when switching tabs. The scroll position of the current Dct, Cmt, and Book tab will be saved between starts.
- New item on right-click to "Export current verse from all Bibles to MultiWindow". This also allows mutual word marking as in the Bible Panel with Alt down.
- New Wordform chart in search results when more than one word is searched for or if wildcards are used.
- The "D" Button in Dct and Cmt toolbars will now set the current title as default. This is the same as setting in Preferences.
- New option in Preferences to put all search results under the same tab instead of making a new tab for each.
- New option in Prefs/Font Properties to change the search hit color.
- A new dropdown menu with the Strong's Button. It allows selection of alternate words in place of the numbers and also non-visible linked words with the last item. This requires the strongWds.dat file which is included.
- Word marking by highlight is possible in the Bible panel with the Alt key down. For non Strong Bibles the marking is word based and green. For Strong Bibles marking is Strong based and blue. This works in Dual View and Parallel View as well.
- Added a Morphology button (M) in the Bible Toolbar. This only works with texts that have the morphology info formatted correctly (TRi at present, Hebrew coming).
- With new the Word Study Dictionary (WSD) as default, one can simply click a Greek word or morphology code and view the data in the dictionary. With the Ctrl key down and hovering over a word or code the data will display in a popup or QuickView panel.
Version 5.1.1 — Feature Release
- Updated display and function of Devotion Viewer Window
- Added Daily Bible Reading tab with Bible text display
- Devotions are now under their own tab
Web Page Links
- Multiple User Note files can be made and easily loaded from a drop-down menu
Paste References From Clipboard
- This feature allows web page authors to create links in their pages that will cause Bible Analyzer to open and navigate or search according to the data in the custom link.
Paste References From Clipboard With Verse Text
- Will scan the current clipboard data for verse references and display any found as live links in the MultiWindow.
Paste Clipboard Text With Linked References
- Same as Paste References above but also includes the verse text of reference in the MultiWindow. For references that have verse spans, only the initial verse will be listed.
- Pastes the entire clipboard text with the Bible references as live links.
- Fixed issue saving Concept Filter terms with user not Administrator
- Fixed image printing issue
- Fixed search results display with more than 500 hits
- Fixed other issues.
Version 5.0.1 — Feature Release
Bible Text Markup
Advanced Concept Filtering
- Bible text in the Bible Window can be marked up with highlighting using six different colors. Markup can be nested; colors can be within other colors.
- Only Bible words can be highlighted. Not headings, footnotes or other text. Whole words will be marked even if a partial word is selected. Highlighting can span verses, but down-click and up-click must be on a Bible word.
- User markup data can be saved or exported as static files or for later importation. Saved markup data files can be imported. All current user markup will be deleted on import.
- Both Static and User markup can be separately navigated forward and backward from the View Menu or by shortcut keys. The next marked verse will become the Current Verse.
- Markup in the AV Bible can be shared with other AV editions, including the AVp and AVs for now. When the option in Preferences is checked, markup from the AV will be used in the AVp and AVs. When not checked the AVp and AVs will be marked separately.
- Advanced Concept Filtering (ACF) is a powerful new utility for filtering a verse list, such as search results and Bible text, according to multiple terms assigned to a topic.
- Search Results can be exported to the list display and when any topic in the topics list is checked the verse list is filtered by the terms/words under each topic. One or more terms must be in the verse for it to be displayed. Multiple topics can be checked to further filter the list.
- The Topics List terms can be added to or edited with a right-click. New topics with terms can be added.
- The Whole Bible, OT, or NT can be filtered when loaded with the appropriate button.
- Words can be added to a Topic from the Right-Click Context Menu. The Current Bible book or chapter can be loaded into the ACF Utility as well.
- Filtered lists can be exported to the Multiwindow (with formatting), a .txt file, a .pll file (for the Parallel Generator), and .smd for Static Bible Markup.
- The Topic List for the Dictionaries and the Reference List for the Commentaries have been replaced with a filtering drop-down Suggestion Control in each toolbar.
- When characters are entered into the control entry the Topics or Verses are filtered and results displayed in the list. When the down button is clicked, the unfiltered contents of the list are displayed, scrolled to the nearest entry in the control entry.
- The ScripturePad menu has been moved from the Main Menu to a down arrow in the first position of the ScripturePad Toolbar.
- The ScripturePad Toolbar has been modified with new icons and addition of Indent and Bullet Buttons. The Copy and Print Buttons have been removed to conserve space. These functions can be quickly accessed from the ScripturePad Menu or by keyboard shortcuts.
- A quick export to ScripturePad has been added. Click anywhere in a verse and drag a selection to anywhere in another verse and release. Then click Export Verse Range to ScripturePad (or Insert key) in the Control Menu, and it will export the complete verses in the range. It is the same as from the right-click export menu.
- The Search Results have been reformatted with alternating colors for each result line plus the reference is to the left of the verse text. The Book Hit Chart has been slightly modified to be more concise.
- A Toggle Button has been added to the Results Toolbar allowing a snippet of each Search Results line to be displayed in usually a single line. The snippet span will center on the first hit word with a 5, 7, 10, and 14 word total span, depending on window size. Unchecking the button will restore full verse display.
- Search Results Data can be exported to an Interactive Chart by clicking the button on the Results Toolbar. The chart will show a small rectangle for every chapter of the Bible and each chapter with a search hit will be colored dark red. On mouseover a popup will display all verses in the chapter with a hit. Clicking the rectangle will display a new chart of the selected book with each rectangle representing a verse.
- A Manage Button has been added to the MultiWindow to allow management of the pages in the History. Pages can be checked to be deleted or merged into a new page, or copied to the clipboard.
- Search words or phrase can be marked by highlight in all MW pages using the Find Button in the Manage Dialog.
- All MW pages in History can be saved to file and reloaded using the Manage Dialog. Thus an entire Study session can be saved and reloaded.
Preview Display in MultiWindow
- A Daily Journal Editor has been added to the Devotions Window. It is linked to the current date and the date can be changed with the popup calender. Basic markup buttons are available plus Bible references can be linked as in ScripturePad.
- All journal entries can be exported to a RTF file for viewing in other editors.
- A Preview Button has been placed on the Dct and Cmt Toolbars. Clicking it will display the titles of all texts which have the Topic or Verse in the MultiWindow. When the cursor is over a title a preview will popup showing the first lines of the entry. A click will open the entry in the corresponding Dct or Cmt Window.
- An option has been added to Preferences/Options II to have the MultiWindow display Preview Data with every change of the Current Word or Current Ref. Clicking the Preview Button will not be necessary.
- This will allow the Bible (or other window) to be maximized within the Bible Analyzer frame and still have access to Dct/Cmt data via the MultiWindow.
- The "Show Dct/Cmt in MultiWindow" option has been removed. Dct and Cmt pages can be exported to the MultiWindow for essentially the same effect. All pages exported to the MultiWindow are saved in a history and can be recalled.
- User Notes can now be searched from a button in the Notes Toolbar.
- Library Search in the Master Control will now allow custom title selections for searching. When the Select Titles button is clicked a dialog will display where the desired titles can be checked. By default the current title under each group will be selected.
- The Dictionary and Commentary Toolbars now have a Search Button which will open the Library Search tab in Master Control and select the current title for searching.
- The right-click context menu will now display in the editors, including the Journal, ScripturePad, and User Notes.
- The Parallel Generator now can display Heading Text along with the compiled Bible data. This is done by adding text between <hd> tags in the .pll file.
- The User Notes can now be synced to a different verse from the Current Verse. Now notes can be entered under the desired verse even if the current or active verse is being changed (by clicking references, etc.) The Current Notes Reference will be listed in the Results Panel Caption area.
- The Jump Button (J) in the main Toolbar has been removed. Nearly the same action can be performed by other methods. If the user has a Bible, Dct. Cmt. or Results Panel maximized and clicks on a word or verse, the corresponding Panel (a reference to the Bible panel; a word to the Dct Panel) will be displayed. If this action is not desired the Sync Button in the Dct or Cmt toolbar must be toggled off then the maximized panel will not be changed.
Bible Analyzer 4 Change History
Version 4.9.1 — Feature Release
- New integrated Download Manager for Premium modules. It provides access to each title's entry at the Bible Analyzer Store and syncing to each user's purchase history. Titles can be downloaded from within Bible Analyzer without the need for setup files for each platform.
- Enhanced the Text-To-Speech and Audio Bible playing and scrolling in the Bible Window.
- Many other usability and streamlining enhancements throughout the program
Version 4.8.1 — Feature Release
- A new Bible Panel layout with preview links to Previous/Next chapters, plus navigation with arrow keys.
- A new Paragraph View with multiple paragraph scheme options.
- Links to User Notes, w/Preview, next to verse in Bible Panel.
- An In-App downloader which will allow the user to download and automatically install all the free modules. We have also added several new free modules.
- A new and unique Bible searching method called Contextual Search. This allows one to search for words within several predifined contextual ranges, including chapters, several paragraph schemes, and right down to within phrases.
- The Notes Editor is now more powerful and allows the user to unsync from the current reference. It also has a Verse List to allow selection of any note.
- An updated Image Viewer with a thumbnail preview which will "smooth scroll" to a location on click. Plus mapped "hotspots" in images can be linked to Bible references and other resources.
- Added word frequency sorting with a hit count to the Quick Entry Suggestion Box, made it easier to export notes, and several more things to make Bible Analyzer easier and more productive.
- Updated Authorized Version module with chapter headings and in-line notes.
Version 4.7.2 — Feature Release
- Fixed issue with some Bible's causing a crash when tab was selected
- Can now export to ScripturePad and Clipboard from Bible as before
- Parallel View will now allow searching words and selections on right-click
- Parallel View will now update and scroll to current verse similar to single Bibles
- The Show Strong's button position determines if Strong's numbers are visible on text export or verse popups
- Replaced the Bible Back Button with a drop-down History List that holds up to 15 previous references
- Plus a few other minor fixes and enhancements
Version 4.7.1 — Feature Release
- Popup Suggestion Box with with refs and words.
- Specific Individual Search in Advanced Search for the AVp
- Rebuilt Session Manager with filter and sorting.
- The Dual window is now in Bible panel.
- Can select texts in Parallel Mode.
- Resource hit list, with preview, in Dct/Cmt entries without hit
- Cursor and Ctrl-Down over a word will disply entry from Default Dct. in popup.
- Ctrl-Down over a Tab will Preview
- Bible panel toolbar now has a Cycle Back button that will cycle through the last seven verse refs.
- Default layout is changed to three windows, Bible on left, Dct/Cmt stacked on bottom right, Results on top
- There are five pre-made layouts in the Layout menu (including the default).
- Now, a Bible with Strong's can be searched with the numbers hidden as well as shown.
- Inline footnotes in Bibles now have ref. links. Also, made font larger for them.
- When resizing the font (Ctrl++) the three Ref panel windows will resize also.
- Plus several more additions and enhamcements
Version 4.6.5 — Feature Release
- Added Theme Tab to Library Reference Panel dedicated to The Dictionary of Bible Themes.
Version 4.6.1 — Feature Release
- Unique Library Reference Index which will show Library title that contains the current verse. Also with a quick preview by Popup Window.
- Ability to view comments by chapter context as well as by verse, with auto scrolling to verse.
- See a three verse preview when the cursor is placed over Bible Tab when Ctrl key is pressed.
- See Preview in Dictionary and Commentary Tabs when the cursor is over them with Ctrl pressed.
- New Virtual Multi-Row Tabs in Bible Dictionary, and Commentary Panels
Version 4.5.1 — Feature Release
- Added Session Manager
- Changed Book Viewer appearence slightly
- A couple bug fixes
- Inline Footnotes Issue
- Modified Commentary Verse List and Dictionary Word List controls
- .idx files no longer created or needed for Commentaries and Dictionaries
Version 4.4.2 — Feature Release
- Modified to display AV-1611 edition Chapter Headings, Marginal Notes, etc.
- Can display Apocrypha (AV-1611)
- Changed appearance of popups and windows slightly
- Minor fixes and enhancements
Version 4.3.1 — Feature Release
- Remodeled Book/Article Viewer with Links
- Text based "Word Clouds"
- Main Menu appearence change
- Other minor visual changes
- Can resize Master Control Panel
- Added another level of text size - four total.
- Added Zoom feature to Image Viewer
Version 4.2.1 — Feature Release
- Audio/TTS Bible Reading w/Scrolling and Highlighting
- Bible Footnote Popups
- Enhanced copy/Paste from ScripturePad/Notes & Bible Export
- Dedicated Sermon Folder and Browse Audio Files Ability
- Better Library Searching
- Minor Bugs Fixed
- Right-click in books issue
- Save ScripturePad in RTF updated
- Hanging popup in Image Viewer
Version 4.1.0 — Feature Release
- AV-Index Utility
- Export User Notes
- Enhanced Strong's Searching
- Image Maps in Image Viewer Modules
- Minor Bugs Fixed
- Fixed ScripturePad Make Links issue
- Parallel Generator change Bible text issue
- Text-To-Speech when reading books issue
- Fixed printing/exporting of images in Image Viewer
- Can now print from Parallel Generator (Right-Click)
- Parallel Generator will now display all Bible texts
- Enhanced Greek text support
Version 4.0.2 - 4.0.4
- Image display issue in books
- Enhanced Strong's number searches
- Parallel Generator issue
Version 4.0.1 — Feature Release
- New Interface with an advanced window manager. It allows floating, docking and stacking of windows. The Positions are restored on next start. User layouts can also be saved.
- A single Quick Entry acts as input for both searches and reference lookup.
- The text from any Bible, Commentary, Dictionary, Book, and Results Page can be exported to the MultiWindow with a history.
- Multiple Bible Search option in Advanced Search with text select.
- A Harmony/Parallel Text Generator. User can make custom parallel tables on the fly by entering refs and also view premade harmony/parallel modules
- The selection of the Bible, Dictionary, and Commentary windows are saved on exit. The current verse and dictionary topic are also saved.
- A Bookmarks Menu which holds ten verse bookmarks with hot-keys. Shift+Entry will allow an existing BM to be changed.
- The Parallel Bible Display is now the last tab in the Bible Window. Its reappearances has also been changed. In Parallel mode, on right click a search will search the Bible of the text clicked.
- A compact button contol is on the toolbar that contains six buttons. These allow quick and convenient maneuvering between windows.
- The Jump button (J) toggles whether a click on a expanded window will jump to the object of the click. That is, a click on a word will display (jump) to the definition in the current dictionary; a click on a reference will display the current commentary, etc.
- The Bible, Dictionary, Commentary and Results (B, D, C, R) buttons will expand/contract the corresponding window. It will also cause the corresponding window to display if it has been closed and dock it if floating. A second click will expand the window.
- The Layout (L) button opens the Layout menu allowing saving, deleting, and restoring saved layouts.
- The window under the cursor will scroll with the mouse wheel even if it doesn't have the current focus (one window must have focus).
- Master Control Panel is larger and has a Pin Button to toggle the visibility of the tabs.
- The Commentary Panel has Book, Chapter, and Verse Buttons to view the corresponding comments (if any) of a reference.
- Verse Popup code has been completely reworked. Can now display unicode (Greek, etc.) with more formatting options.
- Reworked Export/Copy Settings in Preferences with many more settings.
- Changed some of the main and window toolbar icons. Window toolbar icons now have action on mouse cursor hover.
- Added context help button to bottom of Master Control Panel, Preferences, and some other panels.
- Related Search now searches for multi-word phrases as well. The results display is also updated. Initial display will show only refs but includes "search links" to search and display verses as normal search.
- Find "First Mention" of all words in a verse added to right-click menu.
- An online update check is available from the Help Menu. It will check for a newer version and download the setup file to the desktop if desired.
- When a word is left-clicked it will be looked up in the default dictionary. With Alt key down, the word will be looked up in the current dictionary.
- Image modules have been updated to SQLite databases like the other modules. On run Image Viewer will convert modules if necessary (Will need to restart to see them).
- A new "Bible Analyzer User Modules" folder is placed under the user's Documents folder for user created modules.
- Modules no longer need to be placed in their corresponding folders (although that is preferred).
- Plus more.
Bible Analyzer 3 Change History